Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers business develops and commercializes sustainable ingredients made from renewable and nature-derived sources. We have about 10.000 employees in 40 countries who are committed to deliver our food, feed and Bio-Industrial customers with high-quality products and make them thrive. We combine our core capabilities — market insight & innovation, sustainable supply chains, trading & risk management and manufacturing expertise – with our extensive ingredient portfolio of starches, sweeteners, lecithin, vegetable proteins, seaweeds & fruit extracts and health promoting ingredients, to deliver our customers in all parts of the world with unique ingredients and solutions.
Aligned with the goals of Cargill’s Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers (CSST) group the aim is to professionalize and streamline the group internal communication structure and processes to ensure that employees and relevant stakeholders understand the strategic priorities of the business and align their behaviors to support these.
This requires for a CSST Global Digital Specialist role to manage, implement and accelerate the digital communication framework within CSST and offer CSST employees (digital natives and non-natives) state-of-the-art, modern digital channels and content.
This person will be to manage, implement, maintain and evolve the digital communication channels such as Intranet sites (SharePoint 2013), Digital Signage (Scala), Digital Newsletter Applications (Newsweaver), Corporate Social Media (Yammer) as well as coordinate and facilitate new digital media project for example the setup of a Content Management System and mobile applications.
In addition to serving as the single point of contact for digital communication within the CSST Global Communication Team, this role will closely collaborate with Cargill’s IT department, corporate SharePoint team and Corporate Affairs Digital team. The role will report to the CSST Global Communication Director and be part of the CSST Global Communication Team.
Development of digital strategy:
- Develop and identify the global CSST digital communication strategy and channel mix in line with the organizational structure and strategy, and under leadership of Group Communications lead
- Understand CSST group business strategy and directions to contribute to the organization's overall goals
- Develop and deploy the strategy to migrate the CSST business intranets into the existing umbrella CSST intranet ensuring smooth transitioning without impact on users and intranet masters
- Develop a SharePoint based content management system to gather, manage and distribute all group content in one central system with output to various channels
- Create and evolve policies, procedures and governance models
- Develop specific digital communication plans for ad hoc campaigns and activities
- Follow digital media trends & market developments and collect best practices in and outside Cargill
- Execution of internal communication strategy:
- Manage, implement, evolve and administration of the Group intranets (decentralized model) while ensuring
- clear and easy to navigate structure (across regional, businesses, products range, functions)
- presence of up-to-date information, outdated content is deleted and archived
- visual ID consistency (fonts, formats, images, layouts)
- user access to restricted sections
- quality control: check system bugs and problems, diagnose and fix these with IT support
- Project management, implementation/coordination and follow-up of CSST intranet migration with business intranets in collaboration with IT and regional/business communicators, content owners and contributors
- Project management, implementation/coordination and follow-up of creation of a group content management system in collaboration with IT and regional/business communicators
- Administer CSST group Newsweaver letter
- Content creation
- Coordinate new digital media developments and projects
- Follow and report on evolution of digital media and evaluate possibilities for CSST
- Enhance and implement new functionalities of existing channels with support of IT
Team management and development:
- Coordinate content owners/contributor’s communities
- Develop content owners/contributors
- Analyze digital media channels access rates and trends
- Provide quarterly statistics and scorecard
- Formulate learnings and propose improvement actions
- Bachelor degree in computer sciences, IT, graphic & digital media, Cross Media or Communication
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in digital communication management with B2B track record
- Effective project management experience and handling multiple priorities
- Extensive experience with SharePoint, Newsweaver, Content management systems is a must
- Experienced with social media
- Experience in delivering under tight deadlines, pressure and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment and operate with autonomy
- Strong IT and graphical design affinity is a must
- Expert knowledge of digital channels: intranets, digital newsletters, digital screens, apps, websites
- Graphical insights to design and create mock-ups and wireframes
- Good knowledge of metrics software, managing database systems and setting up user accounts
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe products such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO systems
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) – French, Spanish or any other language is an added value
- Strong conceptual and communication skills
- Excellent and proven project management skills
- Analytical skills, service oriented, positive
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.