CSR Europe is the leading European business network for Corporate Social Responsibility. Through its network of around 50 corporate members and 45 National CSR organisations, it gathers over 10,000 companies and acts as a platform for those businesses looking to enhance sustainable growth and positively contribute to society.
CSR Europe, the leading European business network for corporate social responsibility, is seeking a Senior Manager Corporate Communications to join our team in Brussels, Belgium.
The Senior Manager Corporate Communications will lead CSR Europe’s communications team, covering our internal and external communications. The manager will report to the Executive Director and is a member of the Senior Management team of the organisation.
The ideal candidate should have at least 8 years of professional practical experience in producing high quality content delivered through various forms of communications (news, press releases, website content, graphic design, social media, etc). He/she must have excellent organisational and planning skills, and experience in managing projects and staff. A strong interest in the field of corporate social responsibility; corporate experience and knowledge of the European institutions are key assets.
Key features of the job are:
Strategy and planning:
Lead, develop and implement CSR Europe’s overall communications strategy for external and internal communications in line with CSR Europe’s mission, vision and strategy. Lead the communications team in implementing the communications strategy. Develop and implement communication plans for CSR Europe’s different campaigns and establish planning and tracking systems to coordinate and measure the impact of overall communication activities
Identify communication opportunities to leverage the impact of CSR Europe’s activities
Practical professional communications work:
Lead the creation of organisational promotion and marketing materials, such as brochures, presentations and audio visual materials. Oversee online communication activities, including content development and promotion of CSR Europe’s website and coordination of CSR Europe’s presence on social media. Lead thought leadership content development, including organisational and thematic reports and other publications. Work in accordance with, and further develop corporate branding guidelines. Provide communications support to specific projects and activities, including support in developing project-specific communication plans, editing and producing communication materials, and coordinating representation and visibility opportunities at relevant events.
Develop and implement media plans. Build and maintain relationships with relevant journalists and media outlets. Produce and disseminate press releases, briefings, articles and other media materials.
Represent the organisation at meetings, events and conferences. Provide communications support to other staff members
In coordination with relevant staff members, lead the development and implementation of internal communication structures and tools to facilitate information and knowledge sharing within the team. Provide communications support by developing guidelines, processes and tools.
Lead the coordination of a communications working group composed of communications experts of CSR Europe’s corporate members. Oversee communications budget planning and expenditure. Oversee and project manage outsourced communication projects. Recruit, train and manage communications and other staff. Manage relationships with external communication and design agencies.
- At least 8 years of experience in implementing high quality practical communications work
- Demonstrable experience in developing, implementing and planning communication strategies within a complex European environment
- High level of English language proficiency (both verbal and written) and good knowledge of at least one other European language
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Experience in websites and social media
- Experience in corporate branding and ensuring consistent design
- Experience in managing and training other staff
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, multi-task and perform diverse tasks as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines and ‘think on your feet’ to find practical solutions to daily communications challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills for consensus building, influencing and persuading senior management and members
Apply for this position on the CSR Europe careers website.