I am delighted to be speaking at the annual European Communication Summit in Berlin on 13th June, exploring the immense and undeniable impact that digital, social and mobile technologies have had on our work as communicators.
The marketing communications arena has felt seismic shifts as a result of these changes over recent years and this is only the start. This less-than-quiet revolution is not limited to our industry, however, as AI and machine learning begin to affect all areas of our lives. Indeed, it has profound implications for the businesses we advise, the society in which we all operate and mankind as a whole.
We are at a historic crossroads; the intersection of humanity and technology. Many feel threatened by technologies they believe are creating or enflaming social ills, instead of making life better. This, say the critics, isn't what we were promised.
It's important to remember, however, that technology also liberates us by solving fundamental human problems and has the power to solve many more. So, as we weigh up the Fourth Industrial Revolution, we risk focussing too much on technology as a ‘means’ and not on the ultimate goal: enhancing the human experience.
In my session at 2.45 p.m. on Wednesday 13th, I will explore how the breakthrough brands and corporations will be those who Think Human: putting human needs, wants and values at the heart of everything they say and do. These brands know that technology has only ever existed to meet those human needs. In the same way that the best marketing connects with both head and heart at a deeply human level.
Championing a new human-centric model for marketing communication, I will ask:
- What does it mean to Think Human, putting human needs, wants and values at the heart of your words and your actions?
- What’s in it for you? What are the benefits, for your organisation and society as whole, of adopting a Think Human mindset – and the consequences of not doing so?
- Who is leading the way in putting Think Human into action?
- How can a Think Human approach help you discover your corporate and brand purpose?
- What steps can you take to translate a Think Human mindset into practical, measurable action?
Join me for plenty of video, audience prizes and even a cameo appearance from Donald J Trump – I promise you won’t regret it!