Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels (Auderghem) and employs more than 150 people.
For its corporate communication team, Cefic is looking for a (m/f):
The communications team is responsible for promoting the benefits of chemicals and the role of solution provider to society. It also has the responsibility to support the Advocacy Team with political communications and maintain a good working relationship with our European member associations.
The communications team consists of the Director Communications, a media manager, an editor, a communication manager, a webmaster, a publishing manager and a communications assistant. Our communication focus is on online and social media channels as well as other easy to access tools. He or she will be advising and assisting our technical experts and advocacy managers on communication matters.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Work closely with Sector Groups (SGs) and Program Councils (PCs), based on agreed priorities.
- Develop and implement communications strategies for SGs and PCs with a focus on online and social media and
- Advise and assist our technical experts and advocacy managers on communication matters.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
- Master degree or equivalent (communication or journalism) or proven experience in communication (training on the job)
- Sound experience in communication, especially in building reputation and positioning of organisations
- Knowledge of the chemical industry is an asset
Required personal qualities:
- Full proficiency in English (knowledge of additional languages are an asset)
- Ability to work in a complex organisation with many different audiences
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex policy and scientific issues in a simple, engaging way
- Excellent computer, web management and social media skills
- Good organizational skills of co-ordinating several projects at the same time
- Result-oriented team player
- Charismatic personality with good social skills
- Ability to drive projects independently and coach people when necessary
- (Tier one and Brussels based) Media experience
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae, quoting reference CM-04, before 19 October 2018 to Cefic, Jessica Bart-Williams, Human Resources, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels. E-mail: email@example.com
For further information about the job please contact Irene van Luijken, Director Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or via +32 (2) 676 72 87