EUROCITIES is the leading network of major cities in Europe working together to ensure a good quality of life for all citizens. We support our members by providing a platform for advocacy and knowledge sharing on urban issues. In order to lead and develop EUROCITIES’ public relations, media work and internal information services, we are looking for a communications director. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to fair employment practices. We encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, ages and genders, as well as those with disabilities. We strive to create a workforce which is as diverse as the cities we serve.
In order to lead and develop EUROCITIES’ public relations, media work and internal information services, we are looking for a communications director.
- Reporting to the secretary general, you will manage a small dedicated team of communication specialists, and will be responsible for brand messaging as well as the design and execution of EUROCITIES’ internal and external communications strategies
- As a key spokesperson for the network and liaison with the media, European institutions and other external actors, you will also play a central role in EUROCITIES’ advocacy and knowledge sharing activities
- You will build strategic partnerships with external actors, including the media, think tanks, NGOs and the events industry
- You will develop EUROCITIES’ internal information services, including through the main website, digital tools and newsletters
- You will identify new trends and opportunities to further amplify the impact of EUROCITIES’ external and internal communications, both online and offline, to further advance EUROCITIES’ vision and goals
- You will ensure cohesive and effective messaging and communication flows, both externally and internally
- You will oversee contractual arrangements with external media and communication consultants
- You have an MBA or advanced degree in communications or journalism.
- As a senior professional, you have:
- minimum 10 years of traditional and digital communications experience with documented practice in driving and managing advocacy/publicity campaigns, communication and messaging strategies, creative content, social media analytics…
- 5 years of experience in managing a communications team, or in an executive communications management role
- experience in acting as a public liaison and/or spokesperson
- You have an extensive experience in working with cities and/or on urban affairs.
- You have a thorough understanding of European policies and the EU institutions, and possibly experience with membership organisations.
- You are team player and display excellent personal communication skills.
- You have strong organisational and project management skills and can work under pressure.
- Native speaker or bilingual proficiency in English, you master ideally another EU language.
- A full-time position based in Brussels, ideally starting in September 2019
- An open-ended contract under Belgian legislation
- Salary according to profile, experience and aligned with the Belgian labour market
- Additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- A dynamic international team
- A pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position together with a CV with at least two referees by COB on Friday 3 May (including your current or last employer) to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘Communications director’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels in May (date to be confirmed).