Orgalime, the European engineering and technology industries association, speaks for 42 trade federations in the mechanical, electrical, electronic, metalworking & metal articles industries of 23 European countries. Orgalime's member federations directly or indirectly represent companies of an industry employing some 11 million people. The engineering industry is the largest industrial branch in the EU, with a turnover of more than €2,000 billion in 2016. Its companies, and the products and technologies it creates, are at the heart of Europe’s transition to a smarter, cleaner and healthier future. The industry accounts for over a quarter of manufacturing output and a third of the manufactured exports of the European Union.
We are currently looking for a senior professional (M/F) to join Orgalime as Director of Communications, developing and leading the communications function within Orgalime and helping to drive the future strategy of the association as a member of its Management Team.
Your main responsibilities will consist in leading Orgalime’s internal and external communications, with a focus on strengthening the impact of our communications among policy makers, stakeholders and the broader public. Reporting directly to the Director General, you will play a key role in shaping both Orgalime’s and the industry’s future.
Main tasks will include:
- Develop the communications pillar of Orgalime’s strategy, drive implementation and track progress
- Lead the Orgalime communications team
- Instill a “communications mindset” across the organisation
- Advise the Director General on all communications related aspects
- Build public awareness of the central role of the engineering and technology industries in shaping Europe’s future
- Coordinate communications on key priorities among Orgalime’s constituents across EU and national levels
- Strengthen Orgalime’s membership value proposition by developing best in class internal communications tools
- Develop Orgalime relationships with both general interest media and specialised EU publications
- Manage external communications/creative/media vendors as required
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least seven years’ working experience in communications or media roles, preferably in an EU policy environment
- Mother-tongue equivalent knowledge of English, both written and spoken, and knowledge of at least one other EU language
- A leader and strong networker, who is able to engage and mobilise people internally and externally
- A strategic thinker who can connect themes across organisational structures
- Proven record in “storytelling” for causes, brands or organisations, and creating campaigns that break with standard practice
- Understanding of how to cut through the clutter by being creative and different
- Acute sense of what is driving the public conversation and how to connect the organisation’s communications objectives to that public conversation
- Ability to translate economic and political arguments into simple and intuitive language that resonates with a lay audience
- Understanding of social and digital media, and the technology that optimises their use (targeting, search engine optimisation, analytics, ad buying etc)
- Network of contacts with the Brussels and international media community is an asset
What we offer:
- A dynamic international workplace with a diverse and ambitious team
- An opportunity to shape a cutting edge communications function, representing a future-facing industry at the heart of the digital, energy and circular economy transitions
- A competitive package and benefits commensurate with experience
If you are interested, please send your CV and Motivation Letter by e-mail to ORGALIME – Inge Dewit Vanhaelen,
- please mention “Director of communications” in the subject line.
Deadline: 15 February 2018