Project Wing is working on self-flying vehicles that could open up entirely new approaches to delivering goods and services—including options that are cheaper, faster, less wasteful and more environmentally sensitive than what’s possible today. Project Wing is a part of X.
The role is based in Mountain View but is likely to involve travel as Wing may test its technology in various countries and parts of the United States. You will be responsible for delivering on a range of Marketing Communications, Public Relations, and Internal Communications initiatives.
X is a moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x].
- Develop a communications and public affairs strategy that will help explain the value of drone delivery and help Wing be seen as a team that’s both innovative and trusted as they scale their operations to many new communities.
- Work across Wing to support outreach to users, business partners, policymakers, and other important stakeholders; Develop internal communications strategies for keeping Wing team members informed and engaged.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members of the press, influencers, and key partners; work with and advise Wing leaders on their communications approach and style.
- Create content for blogs, media pitches, and other types of marketing communications content.
- Train and advise spokespersons for media interviews, press conferences, and industry presentations.
- BA/BS degree in Business Management, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in communications role.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Startup experience with a startup mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-demand environments.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Ability to be a cross-functional leader who gets things done, scrappy and hands-on.