Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 27 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and ways of working our teams choose to use.
As part of Zalando Corporate Communications, the Media Relations team is expanding. Zalando Media Relations is where communication specialists for local and global topics work closely together to develop exciting stories and to communicate them to the international media landscape in innovative formats.
We offer you a permanent position as a Senior Corporate Communications Manager in our Berlin headquarters. You will be responsible for the international media relations focused on Zalando’s strategy around all commercial and ad tech topics including Zalando Marketing Services (ZMS), marketing strategy and campaigns, personalized marketing and distributed commerce.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Be responsible for the coordination, alignment and implementation of an integrated corporate communications approach for Zalando’s commercial strategy and act as a trusted communications consultant towards relevant internal stakeholders
- Craft new and interesting stories and proactively identify opportunities in corporate media to hijack news and/or mitigate potential risks. Think outside the box and trial new formats but also know how to handle sensitive topics confidently
- Have a solid network of press contacts in the relevant set of media, opinion leaders and organization representatives. Steer and coordinate communication activities of external partner agencies across our European markets
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in journalism and/ or media relations, focused on corporate communications. Experience in an international environment dealing with media representatives across Europe, as well as in a e-commerce/ marketing focused environment is a must
- Strong passion for industry-wide trends (digitalisation, platform business, data science, etc.) and knowledge how to leverage on them to put our vision, projects and teams on the agenda of relevant target groups
- Capability to break down complex topics into easy stories. Deep knowledge of how to develop appealing media pitches, yet with a passion to challenge the status quo and routines
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English. Language skills in German are a plus but not mandatory
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices in Berlin, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.