Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 13 million passengers and 160,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities in eleven European and two South American countries. With more than 700 employees in the whole entity, mytaxi spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced the merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step to become the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. In February 2017 mytaxi announced the acquisition of Beat (previously Taxibeat), the leading taxi app in Greece. With Beat, mytaxi also moved into South America for the first time and is now active in Peru and Chile. In June 2017 mytaxi also announced the acquisition of Clever Taxi, the leading taxi app in Romania. Marc Berg is the CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
- Excellent monetary benefits (life, health and dental insurance, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies!
- Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
mytaxi is looking to recruit a highly motivated, full-time Senior Public Relations manager, who will lead the development and implementation of the public relations strategy for mytaxi in the UK and wider operating markets.
The Senior Public Relations manager is part of the both the global PR team and the local english speaking operating markets. You will work closely with the the Regional Manager responsible for UK and Ireland as well as local marketing teams and get a full insight and understanding of modern PR works in an international working company. You will be required to set up communication strategies for mytaxi in collaboration with the local agencies and the Head of Communications. Your goal is to expand mytaxi’s public presence in alignment with our business goals in both markets.
You will create drafts for media information, FAQs and on-hold media statements, based on the communication strategy and business goals. You are expected to to have daily contact with key journalist to understand their current needs, present mytaxi’s strategy, plans and key players and at the same time find out potential media topics, mytaxi can jump on.
As this role will be involved in all stages of marketing management from research/ insights, goal setting, strategy, tactics, messaging, campaign-planning, execution to reporting, this role demands a highly motivated and talented PR allrounder.
The Main responsibilities:
- Create and execute trimester based communication plans in collaboration with the GMs, local agencies and the Head of Communications
- Ensure all of mytaxi’s communication is aligned with our business goals
- Keep the mytaxi communication consistent in terms of numbers and values.
- Create drafts for media information, FAQs and on-hold statements
- Daily contact with key journalist to understand their current needs, present mytaxi’s strategy, plans and key players and at the same time find out potential media topics, mytaxi can jump on
You are a good fit if you are a strong networker, passionate and driven, you see the big picture, but also understand issues and dynamics at local level. You also have creativity on tap and articulate complex issues simply. You understand the concept of value exchange and think and act in a commercial way that benefits passengers and drivers.
London, with frequent travel across UK & Europe.
What you’ll need:
- Enthusiasm and drive to communicate in a highly challenging and thrilling industry
- The ability to adapt changes quickly
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in PR agencies, PR departments or media (tech and automotive experience is a clear bonus)
- Outstanding communication skills (orally and written)
- Good understanding of visualization (photos, presentations, infographics... )
- B.A. / M.A. degree in communication, journalism, Public Relations or a related field desirable.